Ever have a moment when you're craving something sweet? How about chocolatey? Yes! Been there. Many many times. Well this recipe is a product of that.
One day I was strolling through Whole Foods and came across this small container of “cookie dough” and excitement took over. I thought, “Yes! This is going in my basket right now”. But then I happened to look at the price…Seven friggin dollars! SEVEN! No sir! Oddly enough I will pay $4 for one cupcake but that’s neither here nor there. After some debating I put the container back on the shelf and went home to brainstorm ways I could make my own version at home at a lower cost. Turns out I had all of these ingredients in my pantry and was super quick to whip together so now I can satisfy my chocolate cravings at a moments notice. Now I know you see the very first ingredient. Just trust me on this one.
Healthy Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brewed coffee (optional)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup carob chips or dairy-free chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a high speed blender and blend until well combined.
- Transfer to a small bowl and fold in the carob or chocolate chips.
- Serve with pretzels, your favorite fruit or just eat it straight out the bowl.
Welcome to my blog. I document my adventures in travel, DIY projects, and food. Hope you enjoy!