Football season has started and you know what that means - snack season! Well…at least for me anyway. It’s really an excuse for me to eat as many football snacks as I possibly can. Is that even a thing? I don’t know but for the purpose of this post we’ll roll with it. It’s ALSO an excuse for me to play around in the kitchen and test out some recipes for you to snack on while yelling at the TV. This spinach dip is one of my favs and chances are you probably have most, if not all of these ingredients already.
Vegan Spinach Dip
- 1 14oz. package of soft tofu
- ½ Cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and drained
- ¼ Cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ Tsp salt
- 1 Package of frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ Medium onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely diced
- Extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a high-speed blender, add tofu, cashews, nutritional yeast, vinegar, and salt. Blend until it forms a smooth puree. You may need to add a little water to help it along.
- To a medium sized pan, add the oil, garlic and onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add spinach and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until heated through.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a medium sized bowl. Add the tofu and cashew puree and stir until well combined. Adjust salt to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika. Serve hot with tortilla chips or vegetables.
Welcome to my blog. I document my adventures in travel, DIY projects, and food. Hope you enjoy!