Even though the kids are back in school, summer isn’t quite over yet. We still have a couple more weeks of summer left. I’ll admit, I’m one of those people who tend to rush the season because I LOVE fall but the downside to that is I don’t take the time to appreciate the last few days of summer. Think about it. The weather is starting to change. Things are calming down. Why not kick back on the porch and take in the last bit of summer breeze with a nice cocktail.
This basil lime margarita is just the thing you need to keep you in the moment before you start to indulge in all the pumpkin spice flavored…well…everything. Not only is this drink refreshing but the basil adds that little extra something that you can't quite put your finger on.
Basil Lime Margaritas
- 1 ½ cups of fresh lime juice (roughly 10-12 limes)
- 1 large handful of fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup of simple syrup
- 5 ounces reposado tequila
- 2 ounces cointreau or triple sec
- Pinch of salt
- 4 slices lime, garnish
- Basil leaves, garnish
- In a blender add lime juice, basil leaves and simple syrup and blend until well incorporated. Set aside
- Combine half of the lime basil mixture to an ice-filled shaker with 2 ½ ounces of tequila and 1 ounce of triple sec. Shake until chilled and strain over two ice-filled glasses
- Garnish with slice of lime and a couple basil leaves. Repeat to make two more margaritas
Welcome to my blog. I document my adventures in travel, DIY projects, and food. Hope you enjoy!